Business Analyst at European Investment Bank
- Identify potential public sector projects;
- Analyse financial proposals, perform financial analysis of public sector counterparts and information with a view to developing activity;
- Interface with the Ministries, promoters, the EU Delegation and other IFIs based in Egypt to identify and examine infrastructure project proposals;
- Perform research on clients and monitor market and economic developments, contribute to sector analysis;
- In cooperation with the team based in HQ, build relations with key external parties (e.g. government representatives, local authorities, other institutions, etc.) and support project appraisal;
- Monitor project implementation and assist with project disbursements;
- Upon request, represent the EIB at events, for example sector meetings;
- Support Headquarters in the preparation of operational missions from HQ;
- Draft briefs, speeches and other material for official visits and other high-level institutional meetings linked to operational activities.
- Bachelors or preferably a Masters degree in Finance/Economics or a business related discipline;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in financial and credit analysis of counterparts and projects for long-term lending, either for financial institutions (e.g. private sector banks or IFIs), or for strategic consultancies or audit companies;
- Knowledge of accounting principles and of financial analysis; knowledge of Agenda 2030 and the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is an advantage;
- Experience in the evaluation of proposals to finance infrastructure projects, productive sector investments or credit lines to financial intermediaries.
- Prior CSA experience constitutes an advantage
- Knowledge of the standard IT office tools (Word, Excel, Power point);
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Working experience in an international company or organisation would be a clear advantage;
- Dynamic pro-active individual with excellent interpersonal and business skills;
- Capacity for rapid and clear analysis and reporting;